- dibenzo-p-dioxin metabolic process (en)
- dibenzo-p-dioxin metabolism (synonym, en)
- oxanthrene metabolic process (synonym, en)
- oxanthrene metabolism (synonym, en)
- phenodioxin metabolic process (synonym, en)
- phenodioxin metabolism (synonym, en)
The chemical reactions and pathways involving dibenzo-p-dioxin, a substance composed of two benzene rings linked by two ether bonds. Dibenzo-p-dioxins are generated as by-products in the manufacturing of herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, paper pulp bleaching, and in incineration, and can accumulate in milk and throughout the food chain, creating significant health concern.